1. I swear by the early hours of the day,
2. And the night when it covers with darkness.
3. Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor has He become displeased,
4. And surely what comes after is better for you than that which has gone before.
5. And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
6. Did He not find you an orphan and give you shelter?
7. And find you lost (i.e. unrecognized by men) and guide (them to you)?
8. And find you in want and make you to be free from want?
9. Therefore, as for the orphan, do not oppress (him).
10. And as for him who asks, do not chide (him),
11. And as for the favor of your Lord, do announce (it).